Wise Sayings from Quran
1) Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful. [Az-Zumar 39-53]
2) Wealth and children are [but] adornment (attraction) of the worldly life. But the enduring (everlasting) good deeds are better to your Lord for reward and better for [one's] hope.
3) Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon, the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend. [Fussilat 41:34]
4) And peace will be upon he who follows the guidance. [Ta-Ha 20:47]
5) The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, their hearts become fearful, and when His verses are recited to them, it increases them in faith; and upon their Lord they rely. [Al-Anfal 8:2-4]
6) That you not transgress (deceit) within the balance. And establish weight in justice and do not make deficient the balance. [Ar-Rahman 55:8-9] (While selling man should weigh things honestly)
7) Whom Allah leaves astray, you will never find for them protectors besides Him, and We will gather them on the Day of Resurrection [fallen] on their faces – blind, dumb and deaf. Their refuge is Hell; every time it subsides We increase them in blazing fire. [Al-Isra 17:97]
8) And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed [i.e., difficult] life, and We will gather [i.e., raise] him on the Day of Resurrection blind." He will say, "My Lord, why have you raised me blind while I was [once] seeing?" [Allah] will say, "Thus did Our signs come to you, and you forgot [i.e., disregarded] them; and thus will you this Day be forgotten” [Ta-Ha 20:124-126]
9) And when it is said to them, "Follow what Allah has revealed," they say, "Rather, we will follow that upon which we found our fathers." Even if Satan was inviting them to the punishment of the Blaze? [Luqman 31:21]
10) And Allah invites to the Home of Peace [i.e., Paradise] and guides whom He wills to a straight path. [Yunus 10:25]
11) They [think to] deceive Allah and those who believe, but they deceive not except themselves and perceive [it] not. [Al-Baqarah 2:9]
12) O mankind, indeed the promise of Allah is true, So let not the worldly life delude (deceive) you , and let not the chief deceiver [i.e., Satan] deceive you about Allah.
13) Indeed, As-Salat (prayer) has been enjoined upon the believers at specified times.
[Quran Chapter An-Nisa 4:103]
14) Indeed, the Day of Judgement is an appointed time (fixed time). [Quran An-Naba 78:17]
Words of Wisdom - Prophet Mohammed(S.A.W.) - Part 3
(1) Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle (Sallahu A’laihi Wa Sallam) said, "Allah said, 'If My slave loves the meeting with Me, I too love the meeting with him; and if he dislikes the meeting with Me, I too dislike the meeting with him.' "
(2) Allah's Apostle (Sallahu A’laihi Wa Sallam) said, 'The best among you are those who have the best manners and character.' (Bukhari 8/56-2 Book #73, Hadith #56)
(3) Narrated Abu Musa(R.A): The Prophet (Sallahu A’laihi Wa Sallam) said, "Free the captives, feed the hungry and pay a visit to the sick."
(4) Narrated Abu Huraira(R.A.): The Prophet (Sallahu A’laihi Wa Sallam) said, "When an adulterer commits illegal sexual intercourse, then he is not a believer at the time, he is doing it, and when a drinker of an alcoholic liquor drinks it, then he is not a believer at the time of drinking it, and when a thief steals, then he is not a believer at the time of stealing, and when a robber robs, and the people look at him, then he is not a believer at the time of doing robbery. (Bukhari 8/763 Book #43, Hadith #655)
(5) Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's apostle (Sallahu A’laihi Wa Sallam) said, "There is none amongst the Muslims who plants a tree or sows seeds, and then a bird, or a person or an animal eats from it, but is regarded as a charitable gift for him."
(6) It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira(R.A.) that the Messenger of Allah (Sallahu A’laihi Wa Sallam) said: It is obligatory for you to listen to the ruler and obey himin adversity and prosperity, in pleasure and displeasure, and even when another person is given (rather undue) preference over you. (Muslim Book #020, Hadith#4524)
(7) It has been narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah who said: The Messenger of Allah (Sallahu A’laihi Wa Sallam) said: After me there will be favouritism anad many things that you will not like. They (his Companions) said: Messenger of Allah, what do you order that one should do it anyone from us has to live through such a time? He said: You should discharge your own responsibility (by obeying your Amir), and ask Allah to concede (grant) your right (by guiding the Amir to the right path or by replacing him by one more just and Allah-fearing). (Muslim Book#020, Hadith #4545)
(8) 'A'isha reported Allah's Messenger (Sallahu A’laihi Wa Sallam) as saying: The most despicable (disgraceful) amongst persons in the eye of Allah is one who tries to fall intodispute with others (for nothing but only to display his knowledge and power of argumentation). (Muslim: Book #034, Hadith #6447)
(9) Hamza. son of 'Abdullah, reported on the authority of his father that the Apostle of Allah (Sallahu A’laihi Wa Sallam) said: When a man is always begging from people. he would meet Allah (in a state) that there would be no flesh on his face. (Muslim; Book #005, Hadith #2263)
(10) Narrated Abu Musa: The Prophet(Sallahu A’laihi Wa Sallam) said, "A faithful believer to a faithful believer is like the bricks of a wall, enforcing each other." While (saying that) the Prophet clasped his hands, by interlacing his fingers.
Mirza Ehteshamuddin Ahmed