Always be sincere (Ikhlaas)
Importance of Sincerity
Islam teaches sincerity and persuades to live with it. Acceptance of deeds depends on sincerity (Ikhlaas). Ikhlaas means man’s deeds and actions to be done for the sake of Allah alone and not to show to the people. Moreover, sincere words and actions are felt in heart and triggers confidence of everyone around you. We must be always sincere in all matters, whether it is religious duty, or family matters, public/ business dealings, office works etc. With regard to family one has to be natural and sincere with spouse and other family members and relatives.
One must be sincere in prayer with pure and sincere devotion. Make sincere repentance (tawba), by making sincere promise not to repeat the same sin again. In the given below Quranic verses translations you would know how Al-Mighty Allah Commands the prophet (Sallallaho A’laihi Wa Sallam) and people to be sincere.
1) Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away, the companion at your side, the traveler, and those whom your right hands possess. Indeed, Allah does not like those who are self-deluding and boastful (arrogant and proud)(Quran Surah An-Nisa4/36)
2) Say, [O Muhammad], "Indeed, I have been commanded to worship Allah, [being] sincere to Him in religion. (Surah Az-Zumar 39/11)
3) Indeed, We have sent down to you the Book, [O Muhammad], in truth. So worship Allah, [being] sincere to Him in religion (Surah Az-Zumar 39/2)
4) Say, "Allah [alone] do I worship, sincere to Him in my religion (Surah Az-Zumar 39/14)
5) He is the Ever-Living; there is no deity except Him, so call upon Him, [being] sincere to Him in religion. [All] praise is [due] to Allah, Lord of the worlds (Surah Ghafir 40/65)
6) O you who have believed, repent to Allah with sincere repentance. Perhaps your Lord will remove from you your misdeeds and admit you into gardens beneath which rivers flow [on] the Day when Allah will not disgrace the Prophet and those who believed with him. (Surah Al-Tahreem 66/8)
7) Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the worlds (Surah Al-Anaam 6/162)
8) And whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger – those will be with the ones upon whom Allah has bestowed favor, of the prophets, the steadfast affirmers of truth, the martyrs and the righteous. And excellent are those as companions (Surah An-Nisa 4/69)
9) And perform properly (and complete) the Hajj and Umrah for Allah.
( Al-Baqarah 2/196)
Mirza Ehteshamuddin Ahmed